South Central College wants you to be successful and to ensure this, we allow every
student with a current FAFSA on file the ability to charge all necessary textbooks and
supplies to their student accounts. This means you can have your books for the first day
of class without having to worry. Students must meet the following guidelines to charge:
1. Student must be currently enrolled in South Central College courses.
2. A South Central College Student ID is required for all charges.
• This can be found at the top of your class schedule or on your SCC ID card.
3. Students must have a current FAFSA on file with South Central College to be eligible to charge.
Online textbook charging dates
Online textbook ordering dates are as follows:
• Fall Semester: Opens August 1st- Closes 2nd Friday of the semester
• Spring Semester: Opens December 1st- Closes 2nd Friday of the semester
• Summer Session: Opens May 1st- Closes 1st Friday of the session
In-store charging dates are currently limited due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are
strongly recommending all textbook orders be completed online at this time. All
online orders will ship directly to students free of charge during this time.
Is somebody else paying for your books?
If you have a company, agency or organization purchasing your textbooks for you, we
must have documentation from them on file in the bookstore before you can charge.
This information can be emailed to email@example.com. Any documents
should include your full name and student ID number. Please allow up to 48 hours for
processing. Some restrictions apply as to what items can be charged. Please email the
bookstore with any questions.
Example of these organization include Rehabilitation Services (RS), Minnesota Valley
Action Council (MVAC), Post-Secondary Education Opportunities (PSEO), Pipeline
Grant, Minnesota Department of Economic Security Trade Act Training (TAA), South
Central College Presidential Scholarship Recipients, Workforce Development, and Veterans Benefits (VETS).
Contact us anytime with questions or concerns at: firstname.lastname@example.org.